Tuesday, July 12, 2005

It's Not Easy Posting When You Are On The Road And Busy

Dear Readers,

I apologize for not posting articles about non-profits engaged in the wonderful work of Self Help for All Africans, but I have been on the road since Wednesday, July 6th and will not return to my desk until Thursday, July 14th.

However, I have met many interesting people who are involved in efforts to improve the lives of Africans and I will be posting articles about them after I return to Virginia.

One thing that I have learned during this time away from my desk is that it is not a bad idea to write stories and have them in "inventory" for the periods that I am away. There are so many organizations to write about, this should not be too difficult to do.

Many of the organizations about which I have written have contacted me and given me feedback on how to improve the Blog, and this is greatly appreciated. This helps me to obtain a better perspective on what I am doing and how it is impacting – or not impacting – the nonprofit community in the way in which I had hoped.

This time on the road should also help me to develop the Blog in a way that will assist the various nonprofits in determining how they can help – and be helped by – each other. This is important because I hope to create a forum for discussion and networking among the various nonprofits.

I wish to thank you all, and let you know that I will return to my desk on the 14th re-energized and with a “bag full” of new ideas to pass along to those who wish to do what they can to improve the lives of Africans both on the Continent and in the Diaspora.

No comments: